Friday, December 9, 2011

Advent: Resources and Poem

As a student, I always hated this time of year. My heart was pulled in too many directions. I needed to work hard at studying. I wanted to play hard at formals and Ugly Sweater Parties (except they didn't really exist when I was student). But most of all I wanted to be home with my family, preparing for Christmas. 

If your heart also feels divided at this time of year, please use some of the following resources to center your heart on Christ as we prepare to celebrate His birthday in just a few weeks. 


I will leave you with a poem by Luci Shaw.

Salutation
Luke 1:39-45

Framed in light,
Mary sings through the doorway.
Elizabeth's six-month joy
jumps, a palpable greeting,
a hidden first encounter
between son and Son.

And my heart turns over
when I meet Jesus
in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment